A blog dedicated to discussing current consumer affairs and the retail industry.

Custom Search

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chaos.com Review

I recently purchased season two of Alias (Yes i know lol) on DVD from self described 'leading online entertainment store' Chaos.com. I should probably use another phrase rather than 'recently' as this was 34 days ago!

Okay I have to admit, I was pretty happy with the price ($16.99). Compared with other major retailers like JB HI FI where i've seen the product for just under $30. So in terms of price, i thought i couldn't go wrong. The site claims that it will take 3-4 days to deliever or if it is an ordered item (item they don't have in stock) which was true in this case then it would take up to 10 days.

34 days later, I am still waiting. 34 days i think is abit ridiculous. However i am certain it will take longer which means I will be even more pissed then i am now! I do have to give them some credit though as well as the good price, Chaos have been decent enough to email me to inform me that my product will be delayed as they are still waiting for it to come to their warehouse and that they will notify me once it has arrived. This was three weeks ago, still waiting.... The suspense is killing me.

Not that i am in desperate need of this DVD or anything. This could be just a one off bad experience. They may be great in regard to service and delivery times in majority of cases. Chances are I just got a bad apple. But then again I could be wrong. This could be more wide spread. Would love to hear other peoples experiences with their dealings with Chaos.

On a final note, I shall let everyone know once I finally receive this bloody dvd! Hopefully it won't be too much longer. *Fingers Crossed*

No comments: